• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator is constantly crashing

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm pretty new to Illustrator but I feel like the app is constantly frozen with a bug or literally crashing so I loose my work. First I thought it was because it was a trial, then I thought it was my computer, after buying the app and a new computer Illustrator is still always crashing. (I'm mostly working with patterns) Is it normal?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us the specifications of your computer and system.

Also: what's in the file? How many objects? Raster effects? placed images? How large is the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In these cases, I suggest you seek technical support.
Does your hardware have the required features for new Adobe releases?

If the system you are using is Apple, you can see the performance distribution from the activity manager panel.

When working with Illustrator, do not use Chrome, Safari, etc. in the background as much as possible. You should close pages, applications.

If possible, a better option would be to see the problem in situ with a remote connection.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Arna Ýr22894072ev0v,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. It is not normal to crash while working with patterns. I would request you to share a few more details along with the ones asked by @ceyhun_akgun & @Monika Gause:

• Does it seem to crash while working on a specific file or all or after performing a particular action?
  • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does the crash happen while working on a saved old file? If yes, where are these files saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines