• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator is crashing when I use blend tool (for example)

Participant ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm about to implode. 

Illustrator crashes when I use the blend tool (for example). I have updated all Adobe apps I'm using, there should also be enough space on my iMac. I use Ventura 13.3.1, and the latest version of Illustrator. What more can I do?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your hardware specifications.

How complex is the artwork? Can you please show a screeshot that includes the layers panel with layer opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, here it is:

Skärmavbild 2023-05-20 kl. 10.45.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are probably too many objects.

What are the blend settings?

And your computer specifications? How much RAM, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand, this is a common effect to use. I create a blend between some circles and apply them to a path. This is my RAM status:
Skärmavbild 2023-05-20 kl. 11.06.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kustenklar   a écrit :

From what I understand, this is a common effect to use. I create a blend between some circles and apply them to a path.

Yes, it is. But 16 GB might not be well prepared for thousands of in-betweens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I was told 16 should be more than enough but I guess not then. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me on 64GB Ram and a 3080ti. It's not your hardware. It's Adobe not caring because they're a monopoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am on 32GB of ram and also experience this issue on occasion, especially if my computer hasn't been restarted in a few days or I have other applications open alongside Illustrator. (For example I find that playing music/video in the background taxes my graphics enough that it can affect Illustrator's performance as well.) So when I experience this issue with the blend tool, I will open up a blank document to create my original blend and save it separately just to keep a copy of the original. I then expand the blend so it's separate shapes and no longer a live blend, and copy that into my regular document. This greatly improves my performance. Hope that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kustenklar ,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind trying the steps in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and checking if it helps? Also, kindly share the crash report using the steps in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html) and use the same email account as your community account for quick tracking. We appreciate your time and efforts in resolving this issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines