• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Keeps Crashing on Windows

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been designing a new logo with no issues.  However, my computer updated overnight to the latest Windows update, and now Illustrator will not respond.  Every time I try to open a project, Illustrator freezes and says "Not Responding."  I have tried restarting my computer and opening different projects, and even starting a new project, but I keep experiencing the latest result.

Is my problem related to my computer updating, or is there an Illustrator bug?

I cannot work on the app at all.  How do I get this fixed?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of illustrator are you using? Have you updated to the latest version? I'm running Windows 11 on the latest update and also have Illustrator version 28.0 and all working as it should?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have 28.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the question of which version of Illustrator you're using, have you checked for driver updates to certain pieces of hardware in the computer such as the graphics board? It might be helpful to know the details of your computer system (Operating System, CPU, graphics board, amount of RAM).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11950H @ 2.60GHz 2.61 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.2 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2

OS Build: 22621.2715

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of graphics board is installed? An NVidia board, AMD Radeon, something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 

NVIDIA RTX A3000 Laptop GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Sara31343377nrqe,

Hey there, we understand how frustrating it can be to encounter crashes in the middle of work. Would you mind performing a clean reinstallation of the GPU drivers (Intel / NVIDIA / AMD) and setting the Graphics Preference to High-Performance for Illustrator (https://adobe.ly/46VL1g4) and checking if it helps?
Also, kindly try the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/46VDNJ3) and share your observations. 

If the problem persists, kindly submit the crash report using your Adobe email address and share it here for quick tracking. Steps are shared here: (https://adobe.ly/4743I17). We appreciate your time and patience in helping us resolve this issue. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines