Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keeps crashing when I use gradients

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since I've installed the latest version of Illustrator CC (v. 27.2) I had a frustrating problem: nearly each time I use any type of gradients the app is crashing. Sometimes it does that when I try to makes changes on an already applied gradient.

My config: Ryzen 7 3700x 8core,  Nvidia Quadro RTX4000 (8G) VGA, 32 GB RAM

I have already tried to reset preferences and restart my computer. I dont know what more could I do. Pls help if you can.

Thanx,

Daniel

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already try and turn off the GPU acceleration in the preferences?

You could also check out whether there is a new or different driver available for your graphic card. Some people have reported issued with Gaming drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Monika,

Thank you for the quick response!

I did not try to turn off the GPU acceleration. Pls tell me why would it help and how could I turn it off.

Thnx again,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in preferences > Performance.

The graphic card might cause some weird issue. This just sounds like a weird issue, so it's worth a try. If it helps, it's a pointer to the cause of the issue. Turning off the GPU will slow down Illustrator  a lot. So the permanent fix could then be to update the driver, install a different driver or inspect the card closer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! I'll try that 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Dániel274412158l15,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the suggestions shared by Monika helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and check if it helps.

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html). While submitting the report, kindly use the same email account used here in the community so we can locate it quickly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Likely a software issue since after update.

update your GPU drivers.

PREFS  RESET WIN (other)

Quit Illustrator

Press Win+R -> appdata -> Roaming -> Adobe -> rename folder "Adobe Illustrator XX Settings"  to anything else like "Adobe Illustrator XX Settings_old"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines