• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keeps crashing

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator crashes when I try to perform an action. Everything freezes. I have the latest app version, and I have reinstalled creative cloud.
I have no idea if that has anything to do with it and if it used to be, but can it be seen in Task Manager AIRobin and Adobe CEP HTML Engine when I expand illustrator.

Or could it be my hard drive?

Eventually illustrator stops appearing in Task Manager so I have to restart the computer to close it.

Can someone help me further?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Hi Anshul,

In my network there was a problem with the DNS respectively the connection to my default printer. Apparently Illustrator tries to contact the printer in the network when it is launched. Because this failed, Illustrator crashed. The printer is now connected via IP and Illustrator works again as before.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Hi @hanneke61,

We are sorry about the crashing. Would you mind confirming if this has been happening since you updated to Illustrator 2023 v27.0, or was this happening in Illustrator 2022 v26.5 as well? Does recreating the action again when the external monitor is connected help?

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps in this HelpX article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html). While submitting the report, please use the same email address as the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of OS & Illustrator are you using? Make sure they are compatible with each other.

Illustrator system requirements | earlier releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mike, I checked it but it is compatible. 
I just noticed that it freeses at one specific activity: clicking on line and fill, below in the toolest. Other actions seem to go well. 

So, maybe I should place this topic in a different forumsubject and change the text. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make a new topic because now I know more about the problem and I think it will be better found if I write it in the subject. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem must be caused by the extern monitor. With another monitor, or without a monitor it works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hanneke61,

We are sorry about the crashing. Would you mind confirming if this has been happening since you updated to Illustrator 2023 v27.0, or was this happening in Illustrator 2022 v26.5 as well? Does recreating the action again when the external monitor is connected help?

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps in this HelpX article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html). While submitting the report, please use the same email address as the one used here so we can locate it quickly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reaction. I Think I found the problem. 

When my laptop is connected to one monitor (avg) it crashes, when it is connected to another monitor (hdmi) or when it is not connected, it works fine. Curious isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your observations. We could further investigate the issue. Would you mind submitting the crash report as suggested above and confirming once you do?

Also, were you able to check if the same behavior is happening on v26.5 Illustrator 2022?

Additionally, would you mind sharing the action .aia file with us? We'll check it on our end.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue, however I am not able to confirm which action causes the program to crash. In my case, my entire sytem freezes. I am unable to even pull up my task manager, but after about a few minutes, my computer starts working again and Illustrator asks me to send a crash report.

I currently have the latest version of Illustrator installed, Illustrator 2023 v27.0. My PC is running Windows 10, version 22H2, OS build 19045.2130. I've rolled back my update in the mean time, but I hope this information helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my Windows PC (Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2, Build 19044.2130). Never had this issue before, right after updating to Illustrator 2023 I was not able to use it anymore. Always crashed while starting Illustrator. 

I uninstalled Illustrator completely and reinstalled the new version. Then I was able to use it. But it crashes completely random over and over again. Sometimes I can work >1 hour, sometimes it crashes 2-3 times in 10 minutes. And as I said: this started right after the last update, never experienced this before. I can't tell what exactly Illustrator crashes at, it seems completely random to me at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem (Win 10 system, all updates up to date including graphics drivers).
The problem occurs in a certain network environment in the office and Illustrator only starts when I work offline.
It seems that Illustrator tries to contact all network drives (which is not always possible).
I have tried to downgrade to the previous version and it also crashes on startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a more detailed description of the problem:

Computer: Win10 21h1 (build 19043.2130), RTX 3050TI, 16GB Ram.
Creative Cloud 5.9.0.372

I did the new update to Illustrator v.027, after startup the UI loads and when trying to open a file from the history or create a new file via the homescreen Illustrator crashes (the process can then only be terminated with the task manager).
The same happens now with Version 26.5.1.

This problem only occurs in the office, in the home office everything works.

In the office Illustrator only works when I have a certain VPN connection active, as soon as this is terminated and I save, Illustrator crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DAA-DS-01,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind allowing the network endpoint here and seeing if that helps?

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

In my network there was a problem with the DNS respectively the connection to my default printer. Apparently Illustrator tries to contact the printer in the network when it is launched. Because this failed, Illustrator crashed. The printer is now connected via IP and Illustrator works again as before.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that you were able to identify what was causing the issue. Thanks for updating & sharing your observation with us, @DAA-DS-01.

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other issues or queries in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines