Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keeps crashing

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody,

i had some issues with illustrator and my laptop was slow so i reinstalled windows and everything worked fine again. A couple days ago i worked on something in illustrator, saved it and wanted to open it again a few hours later. But Illustrutor crashed and keeps doing that. I can open Illustrator but as soon as i open a file in Illustrator or a Illustrator file from the explorer it will crash. This was the reason why i reinstalled windows and at first it seemed to help but now i have the same issues again. Some infos: it's a acer laptop with an intel core i5, intel hd graphics 530 but the preferred graphic card is the nvidia geforce gtx 960m, 8gb RAM and win 10 edu 64bit installed.

I tried to disable the gpu performance in the illustrator settings and installed the newest driver for the nvidia graphic card but nothing works. I couldn't find a resolution for my current problem, so i hope somebody here can help me.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a printer connected, set up as default printer and turned on?

Where do you save your files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset Preferences

Have you tried resetting the Preferences?

How to set preferences in Illustrator

"Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Illustrator. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator."

Install previous version

You could also try installing a previous version of Illustrator. From the Creative Cloud App click the down arrow next to the Illustrator Open button. Choose Manage and then Other Versions. You will see all the versions going back to CS6 that you can install. You can also have multiple versions installed at the same time.

illustrator-previous-versions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jana,

Sorry to hear about this. I hope the issue has been resolved by the steps shared by Michael. If not, I would request if you can share a few more details like:

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines