Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator latest version keeps crashing on Mac Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am getting constant crashing in Illustrator on both my Macs running Monterey. The crashing keeps occurring when I go to save right after I have created a drop shadow. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator but it's still happening. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Try going to Apple system prefs/Security and Privacy. Make sure Illustrator is listed in Full Disk Access and checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Hi @StefBowker,

We are sorry about the crashing. I can understand your frustration. In addition to Kevin's suggestion, if you are saving to any External Drive/ Network drive/ Server/ DropBox/ GoogleDrive/ OneDrive or any shared folder, I would suggest you save the file locally on the Desktop first and then move the file to any other network/ external location.

However, if that is not the case, would you mind submitting the crash report by following the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Apple system prefs/Security and Privacy. Make sure Illustrator is listed in Full Disk Access and checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @StefBowker,

We are sorry about the crashing. I can understand your frustration. In addition to Kevin's suggestion, if you are saving to any External Drive/ Network drive/ Server/ DropBox/ GoogleDrive/ OneDrive or any shared folder, I would suggest you save the file locally on the Desktop first and then move the file to any other network/ external location.

However, if that is not the case, would you mind submitting the crash report by following the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html).

While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us locate the crash report on our internal crash reporter website. By doing this, we will be able to check what is causing the crash and assist you accordingly.

Also, you may try the suggestion in this help article to resolve the crash (https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html).

Let us know how it goes. We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines