• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Mac 2024 freezes on launch, won't start

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was running fine, then randomly stopped launching. When I try, it gets to the point of checking and initializing, then freezes. Always a different item that it's initializing when it freezes. What I have tried:

• Uninstalled from CC desktop and from Finder, reinstalled over and over and over.
  • Used the Cleanup tool to remove Illustrator and CC desktop
  • Deleted font cache using Terminal
  • No 3rd party plugins or anything else to remove, no scripts to launch
  • Removed Illustrator caches
  • Removed beta version
  • Rebooted several times

System info:

• M2 with 16 gb
  • Sonoma 14.4.1
  • System Monitor shows 9 gb free before trying to launch
  • Monitor shows 12 gb used when launch attempt is in progress
  • 95 gb disk available, trash is empty, iCloud is nearly full
  • Other CC apps are installed but not running

Searching here shows this has been an issue for years. Any suggestions before I give up and start using something else?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Hello everyone,

We have received several reports of apps crashing or becoming unresponsive after launch, particularly following the release of version 28.6. Unlike generic crashes, this issue specifically causes all Adobe apps to get stuck at the splash screen or enter a “not responding” state, preventing them from launching. The problem has been traced to certain Beta Adobe applications related to video composition and editing. We recommend updating all Beta and released versions of video-specif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 386 Replies 386
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @David30125243i5sb,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind confirming if you have any beta Adobe apps installed on your computer? If yes, kindly try the following steps as Monika suggested to check if they help:

- Close all Adobe applications
- Uninstall any installed Beta apps from Creative Cloud (https://adobe.ly/4dArmpM)
- Relaunch Illustrator

If the problem persists, try removing Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (https://adobe.ly/4dggAFo) and then reinstalling and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i open adobe illustrator it is not properly opened and not responsed and when wait my computer outo of memory, and it used 100 GB,  please help how fixed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have betaversions installed? If so deinstall them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue at the moment. Looking for a resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Therse problems were mentioned often lately, deinstalling betas or using the cleaner tool seems to work.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/i-can-t-open-any-app-from-creative-cloud-on-m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I launch Illustrator (beta) (prerelease) (2023) (2022), it shows the loading screen then gets kinda slow--mouse movement begans to get jittery then the launch window turns black and there is something about legal notice check the adobe about screen and then my entire computer becomes unresponsive. I can't type, use the mouse, use the USB connected keyboard (instead of bluetooth). Absolutely nothing. I can't even use the hardware reset button to reset it, I have to shut it off and restart.

I literally have Illustrator running 24-7 and never quit out of it except when I have to update or Microsoft sneaks one in on me and restarts my PC like it did last night.

So I tried to view Windows updates and only some security definitions got loaded last night. 

I have looked up how to launch illustrator in safe mode but every time it simply says, "now when it crashes is will automatically load in safe mode" which is 100% baloney. 

I have even stopped all non-essential apps and services and even started windows in Safe Mode and still it locks my PC completely. Anybody know what could be happening here? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like something happened with Adobe beta apps today. A lot of people have issues. If another Illustrator versions is running for you, just leave the betas alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the apps are workiing for me. All of Adobe's apps are locking up. Betas, Pre-releases, standard versions back to 2020. Nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please uninstall the betas, reboot and try if it works then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jason Burnett,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing. I'd like to confirm if the issue started after installing the latest release. If so, other users have reported a similar issue, and we have found that completely reinstalling the application, as suggested by Monika, helps resolve it. Please try the following steps and let us know your observations:

1. Close all Adobe applications.
  2. Remove Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool: https://adobe.ly/3LZDS68.
  3. Reinstall Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Desktop application: https://adobe.ly/3LX80PC.
  4. Relaunch Illustrator.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this helps!

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop at this screen

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2567-08-08 เวลา 14.10.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any Adobe Beta apps installed?

Uninstall them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you have beta apps installed, which ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KPN390596082nv2,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing. I'd like to confirm that this is an ongoing issue. Other users have reported a similar issue, and we have found that completely uninstalling & reinstalling all beta applications helps resolve it.

If that doesn't help, please try the following steps and let us know your observations:

- Close all Adobe applications. - Remove all CC apps using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool: https://adobe.ly/3LZDS68

- Reinstall Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Desktop application: https://adobe.ly/3LX80PC

- Relaunch Illustrator.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this helps!

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help fixing my illustrator. I can open the app up and works but when i try to open a file it will show a white screen and just sit there and try to load. When I close the app out it will give me a screen that says the app is not responding. I have tried to look up how to fix it but I haven’t had any hope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, since tuesday of this week (august 6th) I'm unable to open Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop. It stucks at plugins initialization. It asks for 40+ GB of RAM, sometimes over 100GB. I've done everything: uninstall and install again, install previous versions, used Creative Cloud Cleaner thing and deleted Preferences folder. I even updated (finally) to Sonoma from Ventura and nothing.

Captura de pantalla 2024-08-09 a la(s) 4.53.54 p. m..png

It's not opening also using Rosetta. So yes, I've lost now three clients due to very tight deadlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright. Went nuclear with this one and now its working fine. Here are my steps:

1. Uninstall everything through Creative Cloud. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, even the one that were working just ok.

2. Go to App folder, delete everything related to Adobe. Empty the trash can.

3. Launch CC Cleaner and clean everything all at once.

4. Restart system.

5. Install Illustrator.

6. Enjoy and breathe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-07 at 9.16.08 AM.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suggest you "Chat with agent", my problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i uninstalled everything including creative cloud, reinstalled, and it works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same, and it works for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem with all of my Windows based Adobe Apps. I think it was due to the standard Tuesday updates that Microsloth forces on us. Nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines