• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator macOS 12.3.1 Crash while saving

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on OS X (12.3.1) and have been having this issue for a couple of months. I do a bunch of random things and it is stable and then for no reason I can identify it comes back. Illustrator keeps crashing when I save. Illustrator is up to date -- but this has been having over several updates the past 3-4 months. I have tried older versions. I have tried uninstalling. Many, many reboots. Empty cache folders on the scratch disk. Unclick GPU performance. (Though Illustrator keeps trying to tick that box back)

I'm running a 2019 iMac with 128gb ram.

Sometimes when I save it grabs the computer so hard that it just reboots the whole thing. Most of the time I just have to force quit Illustrator. I have scoured searching on this and I cannot figure out what else to try.

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Hello @lisbokt1,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to try updating Illustrator to version 26.3.1 and the macOS on your system to version 12.4 and check if it works then.

Also, try resetting Illustrator's preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and share your observations.

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @lisbokt1,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to try updating Illustrator to version 26.3.1 and the macOS on your system to version 12.4 and check if it works then.

Also, try resetting Illustrator's preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and share your observations.

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines