• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator, measure the length of a curve?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

On illustrator, I would like to know if it is possible to measure the length of a curve from a point A to a point B. If so, how should one do?

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

You can see the length of a selected path in the Document info window:

path length.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see the length of a selected path in the Document info window:

path length.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer Doug.

Is it possible to have this length in cm for exemple?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you set your 'General' units to cm under Preferences > Units

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much :star:️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go to the Window tab and then select Document info and I get a pop-up tab that looks nothing like this (the one I get says "Document info" on one side and "Attributes" on the other, and neither one has any inforation about the length of my stroke)... Is there "document info" located somewhere else as well?  Why does Adobe make this so difficult to locate? (I am not even looking for information about my "document," I am looking for a measurement for the length of a stroke).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the panel menu open in my screenshot? Open it and select 'Objects' instead of 'Document'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doug, help me out here.  I am looking at my Illustrator screen right now-- what do I click on to get that panel to open up?  What is it "under"? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, no, I figured it out on my own: after choosing Document info I need to click on the little box on the upper right corner of the resulting pop-up (the "menu" icon) and then select Objects rather than Document.  Yeesh.  I am sure this could be easier to find, but it just ain't.  Thanks, though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, nearly every panel has a menu. If you have no familiarity with the Illustrator interface, I'd suggest reading through the relevant parts of the manual before you start.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/using/workspace-basics.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with Illusttrator for years.  If I had no familiarity with the interface, I probably wouldn't be here.  I certainly wouldn't have answered my own question.  Maybe the problem was with the response (?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My first post was a screenshot of the relevant panel with the menu open. If I discovered that I had spent years overlooking such a fundamental aspect of the Illustrator UI, I would probably revisit the manual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines