• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator not exporting correctly to pdf

New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue using illustrator (v 28.4.1) to accuratley export to pdf (using Acrobat v 24.1). The file looks completely clear in illustrator, and if I export the files to jpg or png everything turns out fine. But if I export to pdf, the logo of the design gets distorted and blurry. 

I'll place the files so you can see. The logo is the triangle shape in the upper portion of the circle. Does anyone know why this is happening?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

You mention Export to PDF. Save as PDF would be better, more visible options.

Export for Screens has a PDF option, but if I rember correctly, the default setting is Smallest File Size, whicould explain the low res image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you save and share the Illustrator file? Just rename .ai to .pdf and attach here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the file you shared, the logo is a low res image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe your issue is the rocky triangle edge on the teardrop shapes. The white edge is a vector path and hence looks great. I would take that white triangle make it smaller and file with dark blue, then draw the 2 teardop shapes and file the top on with a gradient, or make a blend. You can then get rid of the bitmap there and the logo will be all vector and looks great at all sizes as will be resolution-independent.

Mike_Gondek_0-1714593109901.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention Export to PDF. Save as PDF would be better, more visible options.

Export for Screens has a PDF option, but if I rember correctly, the default setting is Smallest File Size, whicould explain the low res image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this fixed it! Thanks. That's werid the export for screen's pdf version is not high res.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped, and yes that is a bad default, but you change the settings by clicking the cog wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines