Illustrator not letting me save to HD

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Monterey 12.3

Illustrator 26.1

M1 MacBook Pro

Hello there, hope that somebody can help me out.

For some reason Illustrator has stopped letting me save new files to my hard drive. It will only let me save to Creative Cloud.

I can only Force Quit out the application once the ‘Save’ dialogue box has appeared.

I’ve noticed that people have had similar problems before. However, their message posts mention that they don’t see anymore the actual ‘Save’ dialogue box.

I’ve looked into saving permissions on my Mac plus uninstalled and reinstalled the application a few times.

If anybody has some suggestions I’d be very grateful because right now Illustrator is unusable.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've seen quite a lot of posts about this OS and the current Illustrator version, I'd try installing the previous version from the CC app (26.0.3)

DougARoberts_0-1647447580513.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I've reverted back to a few different versions to test this solution and unfortunately the error still is occurring.

As you can see in the photo, the Save button is inactive.

Screenshot 2022-03-16 at 16.27.57.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this problem coincide with the Mac OS update in that case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think so. It's annoying that it isn't easy to revert back to the previous MacOS 12.2 version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, same versions, different mac, same frustration with greyed out Save As and Save a Copy. Tried everything mentioned in this thread and same results ... can't use Illustrator today.

MacOS Monterey 12.3

Illustrator 26.1

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ad_Lloyd @kelleyk95380675,

We are sorry for the trouble. We have logged a bug with the Product team, and they have started investigating the issue.

It seems the issue started right after the release of the macOS Monterey v12.3, as it is happening with the new & older version of Illustrator.

I would request you to please upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44917468-can-t-... if not done already. By doing this, you will keep getting updates on the issue.

Also, we checked on multiple Mac machines running macOS Monterey v12.3 and were unable to replicate the issue.

We checked with multiple users on a remote session, and installing an older version also didn't help.

One user reached out to us, and uninstalling the whole creative cloud resolved the issue for him. However, it is not an ideal or recommended resolution.

I would request you to please share a few details it would really help us investigate the issue:

• Where are you trying to save the files? (Please mention the location or destination folder name)
  • Share the SPX file from MAC (Most Important).
    Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report
    This will launch the System Profiler
    Then Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud Files or anywhere you like.
    Then open https://assets.adobe.com/files if saved on the Creative Cloud folder.
    Click on three dots next to spx file > Share > Copy Link and paste the download/ copy link here.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks, completed your request above, @Anshul_Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Ad_Lloyd @kelleyk95380675,

We are glad to inform you that the save button greyed out/ unclickable issue has been addressed. We worked with Apple and addressed this issue with the latest macOS update, v12.3.1, released last week. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines