• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator opens with blank window

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, so I recently downloaded illustrator and I have come across a problem.

so when I open up illustrator the screen is blank and it doesn't come up with the recent documents and when I try to open a new document it won't let me. now I have seen other forums and tried the solutions they haven't worked. I have also re-installed Illustrator and it hasn't worked. I really would appreciate if someone could help

- Eleni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Hi Eleni,

Here's an English version of et3d_'s screenshot, you'll want to uncheck the box I have annotated:

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 2.22.40 PM.png

Let us know if that resolves the issue for you.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using CTRL+K

sorry it's in french.

Adobe CC2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eleni,

Here's an English version of et3d_'s screenshot, you'll want to uncheck the box I have annotated:

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 2.22.40 PM.png

Let us know if that resolves the issue for you.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already done that and it didn't do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try checking the next line down in Wren's screenshot. Use Legacy "New File" Interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This fixed the problem I was searching for a solution to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unchecked the "show the recent files..." and checked the "use legacy file new" and this worked for me. Illustrator kept randomly deciding not to show the file I've opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the exact same problem, but I can't get this menu. When I open illustrator, nothing is there, and I can't even use the exit/minimise buttons in the corner (I have to force quit). Sometimes I can open half a previously saved file, but nothing is intractable. I feel like I might have accidentally deleted some essential files to do with illustrator, as I have been clearing up my laptop en masse recently, but all my other Adobe apps are fine... I've also uninstalled and redownloaded illustrator, and tried some older versions too, but nothing has worked so far.. Please help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Emily347689503esz,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind trying the following steps and checking if they help:
- Close all Adobe applications
- Navigate to the following folder location and rename the UXP folder to UXP.old:
(Windows) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
(macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

- Relaunch Illustrator

If Illustrator continues to crash/not respond, kindly try the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/3SrcK4p) and check if they help. Also, kindly submit the crash report using your Adobe email address and share it here for quick tracking. Steps are shared here: (https://adobe.ly/3Hj1znR). We appreciate your time and patience in helping us resolve this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try digging there

<rootdir>\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator

CC Settings\[language]\

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 21 Settings\[language]\x64

(you can get there faster with Win R %appdata%)

There should be config file, try open it and verify if using CTRL K settings, value do change

another option is to copy prefs and everything from a working copy of ilustrator (should be same version though)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've open the config file but im not sure what I'm doing.

(Mind you i am 15 year old girl who doesn't really know lots about computers.) I am having difficulty with this help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using the current version, so you're entitled to contact support:

Contact Customer Care

They can log into your computer and look for the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot use the customer care because I'm using an enterprise ID not an adobe account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eleni1010  schrieb

I cannot use the customer care because I'm using an enterprise ID not an adobe account

The account type might have been an important information from the beginning.

Are you using it inside your school's network?

Is that maybe protected by firewalls?

Are you logged in as an Admin?

Does Illustrator work for other computers on the same network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using it at school. i'm using it at home. we are allowed to put it on our computers at home. It works for everyone else but me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eleni1010,

Can you please share the Adobe ID under which the CC is registered as the Email of the Forum has no product registered to it.

Can you please tweet us at @Adobe_Care  . We can loop in a number of experts there too.

If you have an active & purchased Creative Cloud subscription then we can arrange for a call back too.

Thanks

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eleni,

they need to know the name of the account you registered it with.

Can you find that out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't really find this out because my school registered my account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eleni,

I've sent you a message, please check and respond, so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eleni,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused. Please try the below mentioned steps.

• According to above conversation you are using Windows PC. So please close Illustrator and other adobe applications and go to C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming and delete folders Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 21 settings. This will remove all the saved preferences of Illustrator and it will load with defaults settings.
  • If this does not work  then try Uninstalling(Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps ) and Reinstalling(Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps ) Illustrator from Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Please do share your observations or if you have any further questions.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. I have tried that but it hasn't worked. I turned off my fire wall and I'm re-installing it again. hopefully it will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done it. it hasn't worked. I have the same issue. And a really need it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eleni,

Thanks for sharing your observations. Before we proceed with further steps I would request you please provide following details:

Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines