Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator over saturating an imported image

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

so, this doesnt happen every time but its been more frequent lately..

when I copy and paste an image (from dropbox, for example) in my illustrator, the image comes out over saturated. But if I download the image and open it (file>open), than the color is correct.. how can I fix this? Its much faster for me to copy paste the image and it used to work, but now when I try to copy paste it comes out over saturated..

thanksss!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you're only getting the preview when you copy/paste...?

(Not sure as I never work that way, I always need to be able to edit everything.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where are these dropbox images coming from, maybe something there has changed. Do you may have multiple people supplying you the images, and the color profile or document color mode setup on one persons computer might be different.  

Ensure sure the color mode of your images matches the file >> document color mode of your Illustrator file. Both should be RGB if working on digital, or both should be CMYK if working on print.

It does not take long to save to a file and place as a link. This is the best workflow in most situations and faster.  You can drag and drop multiple images to place, and your ai files are smaller and faster if you place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines