• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator popup menu windows closing

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, today my illustrator stopped working properly.

I try to open a new file, the menu pops for a second and closes, if i select one of my saved files it opens but any menu i try to open does the same thing.

I can't save, change colors, or do anything.

It's basically unusable, i tried deleting the preferences folder, reseting via CTRL-ALT-SHIFT, downgrading to multiple versions and still no solution 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hello @Luiz E5EEC,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to try running Illustrator under a different administrator account and check if it works. If it does, kindly try the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html) to fix permissions for Illustrator under your regular account and share your observations with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Hello Luiz, thanks for your response. It seems the user profile is corrupted. I would suggest you use Illustrator under a new user account.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Problem solved!

after reading articles and stuff about it on internet, i realized that this is caused by some problem on the user account in the pc, and something about the adminstrator access to the files. 

I've tried to criate another admin account on my pc and using illustrator from this new account and it worked,  so i solved it by copying and pasting all the files on "C:\Users\RV CONTRATEMPO\AppData\Roaming\Adobe" to "C:\Users\Z 370 Aorus\AppData\Roaming" wich is my main admin account on thi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you ask a question you always need to provide some basic information
-Forum quick start https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/ASK-Forum-Success-Guide-Efficiently-using-the-forums/t...
-https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Questions-you-need-to-answer-to-receive-better-help/td-p/6199470
-https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-to-post-and-get-your-issue-resolved-or-what-do-you-need-to-know-to-solve-my-issue/td-p/11178657?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, here are the details about my system 

• Adobe Illustrator 26.2.1 - (I tried using old versions, all come with the same error.)
  • Windows 10
  • I7 6700k / 16gm RAM / R9 290 drive ver 21.5.2
  • No third party app is in use, only chrome 
  • As i said, no menu that should popup is working, it popups for a second and closes automatically, as if i was pressing esc. I can't open a new file, when i open an old file i can't save or close Illustrator as the popup to close/save just closes, and i get stuck there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Luiz E5EEC,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to try running Illustrator under a different administrator account and check if it works. If it does, kindly try the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html) to fix permissions for Illustrator under your regular account and share your observations with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply 🙂

In another admin account it did work flawlessly, as it was up until yesterday. 

I tried following the steps provided to fix permissions, all permission were already granted to my default account. However, I deselected them and applied again just to be sure, but it still did not work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Luiz, thanks for your response. It seems the user profile is corrupted. I would suggest you use Illustrator under a new user account.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick check - update your CreativeCloud App, log out, sign back into your app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, i tried it but it is still happening 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was facing the exact same issue. I spent more than a week with Adobe support team, but they weren't able to solve it. And then, I realize a way of make Illustrator work again. Everytime the issues comes back (because it keeps coming back), I have to turn off my computer. Like, from the power source even. Simple restart or turn off won't solve it, just turning it off from the power source. And then Illustrator works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not normal. You might want to get an expert to actually check your system and hardware and maybe network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it is not normal indeed. But I'm 99% sure that there's nothing wrong with my system or hardware, otherwise I believe I would be facing problems with other softwares, and it's not the case, the issue is with Adobe Illustrator only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved!

after reading articles and stuff about it on internet, i realized that this is caused by some problem on the user account in the pc, and something about the adminstrator access to the files. 

I've tried to criate another admin account on my pc and using illustrator from this new account and it worked,  so i solved it by copying and pasting all the files on "C:\Users\RV CONTRATEMPO\AppData\Roaming\Adobe" to "C:\Users\Z 370 Aorus\AppData\Roaming" wich is my main admin account on this pc and it worked.

hope it can helps you guys. (and hope you can understand my english as well)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines