• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Prints in Black and White

New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am trying to print a set of stickers I designed in photoshop and brought into illustrator.

I created the document as a print document and placed my photoshop files and arranged them on my artboard as I wanted them but whenever I try to print directly from illustrator, it prints in black and white.

I know the problem isn't my printer because I exported my document as a png file and it printed in color. I would still like to get it to print directly from illustrator though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

In the color management of the printing dialog box make sure to select a color profile, not grayscale

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure output is set to composite. Separations would give you back and white, but multiple pages though.

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 4.30.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the color management of the printing dialog box make sure to select a color profile, not grayscale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi txlonghornfan,

Here's a screenshot that should help you:

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! This solved my issue. Really appreciate your screenshot. Don't know why, but my color profile was set to Dot Grain 10% and switching it to the color profile in your screenshot fixed my black and white only printing issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to print to a color laser printer out of Adobe Illustrator ver. 24.0.2 and the result is 4 pages of black and white separations. I do have my setting set at "Composite" in the print dialog box. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set to composite in ai, correct? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solutions do not resolve the issue. Once again, Adobe fails to improve its customer support. However, they make sure to get paid on time! Good on you Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Shelley27631829v5cy,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, details about your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3v8Fs0t), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines