Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator - Problems accessing files on network drive

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I can't open file from a network folder from my computer with illustrator. I get this message: file not found

I was able to open the same file from illustrator by "file" then "open" and go to the network folder.

I tried to reinstall, same issue, i installed an older version of illustrator, since this installation i can't even open file with "file" then "open".

I have not this issue with photoshop or adobe reader pro.

I'm on a domain network inside my company.

Did someone get this issue and succeed to fix it?

Thanks

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Hi. These issues are common when you work with files saved on network volumes. Usually, it is a good idea to copy the file to a local folder, work, save, and replace the file in the network volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Hello @Roxane2498310699u3,

Sorry to hear about this experience. As suggested by Marliton, the best way to work on your projects is to save them on a local drive and then copy/replace the file on the network/removable media.

You may learn more about this here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html.

Kindly update this thread if you need further help. We'd be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. These issues are common when you work with files saved on network volumes. Usually, it is a good idea to copy the file to a local folder, work, save, and replace the file in the network volume.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Roxane2498310699u3,

Sorry to hear about this experience. As suggested by Marliton, the best way to work on your projects is to save them on a local drive and then copy/replace the file on the network/removable media.

You may learn more about this here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html.

Kindly update this thread if you need further help. We'd be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

it's not a fix but thank you for your responses anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it is good working practice, opening, saving, exporting from within a program over a network just begs for a problem. How do you know no one else is accessing the file at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Met1, i understand but i'm asking why the feature stopped without any reason and works with photoshop.

You're right, nothing but I have actually only 2 licences illustrator in the company. Anyway the user will keep save on his computer then move the file on the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What system are you on? and did you recently upgrade OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines