• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator produces solid backgound with Extrude & Bevel

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I would post this - not because I need a solution, I've found out what was wrong - but in case it helps someone else.

The problem was that using Ilustrator to produce an Extrude  & Bevel effect on text resulted in the entire text box being filled with a solid background.

See the upper sample in this screen shot:

chrisnaylor_0-1667464655019.png

It took quite a while to find the source of the problem.

So, look at the Appearance window shown in these screen shots and the order of the effects shown there. 

It turned out that if you specify a Drop Shadow effect before the Extrude & Bevel (as shown in the Appearance Window) the Extrude & Bevel applies itself to the entire preceding Drop Shadow effect which is, in practice, the whole of the text box.

The answer is to apply the Drop Shadow effect after the Extrude & Bevel - and that fixes it, as shown here in the lower Sample (again, see the Appearance Window):

chrisnaylor_1-1667464682925.png

Maybe, that will help someone.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for posting this, it may help someone in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines