Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Illustrator, Silhouette Studio and M1 Macs

Participant ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an Illustrator forum, but in the past I've seen and responded to questions about Silhouette Studio, the software that drives the Cameo cutters from Silhouette America so I thought I'd throw this out here. 

I use Illustrator to create SVG and DXF files that I import into Silhouette Studio on a 2017 iMac that is realllllllly showing it's age. I'd like to buy a new computer, but I'm unsure of what the world of M1 brings me in terms of stability in software.

I know Rosetta exists to help with programs not designed for the M1 chips, but I'm looking for real world experience of anyone actually running Silhouette Studio on a new Mac to help me decide if I'm just trading one slow and aggravating experience (the outdated computer) for another (new computer, incompatabile software).

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?