When I close a document (that is already saved), it takes up to 5 seconds until it's closed.
Same when I open a new document and close it right away. Illustrator takes 5 seconds to do this. IT's pretty annoying and disturbs my workflow.
What could be the problem here?
(Windwos 10, Illustrator 25.4.1 (64-bit))
Where is the document saved?
What's in the document?
Are there any third party plugins installed?
Sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please share a few more details along with the ones asked by @Monika Gause:
If resetting Illustrator Preferences doesn't help, then you may try following the steps shared in this post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) step by step and let us know how it goes.
Thanks & Regards,
- as I mentioned in my OP, this also happens when I open a new (blank) document and close it right away (without saving), so it doesn't matter what's a) in the documents (because it'S empty) and b) where it's saved (because it isn't).
- No plugins are installed.
- The version numbers (were also mentioned in my OP): Windwos 10 (19043.1237), Illustrator 25.4.1 (64-bit).
- Disconnecting from the internet does not change the behavior.
- I run Illustrator form a SSD on a Intel i7-9700k 3.60Ghz with 32 GB of RAM.
- Again, saving is not the issue here, this also happens with a new, unsaved, blank file. (I create a new document and close it right after that. It will take about 5-7 seconds for the file to gets closed).
- Resetting the preferences did not change the behavior.
I tried every other step in the link you provided, it did not solve the issue.
I have exactly the same problem. When I close a blank file, it takes up to 5 sec to close it.
Thank you for sharing the details and trying the steps. I would suggest you and @alexm43536329 to try a few more steps as follows and let us know how it goes:
Thanks & Regards,
I have the same problem here, same PC setup. So, to test, I installed Illustrator on a virtual machine, on the same pc and it worked normally, closing files immediatelly!
So, the problem is for sure some proceess that is interfering with Illustrator, but I can't find it. I reinstalled al the Adobe apps but for nothing, the same thing happened. Maybe some Nvidia stuff? Becaue it was the only thing that it's not installed on the virtual machine.
Sorry about the trouble and delayed response. I would like to know if you have tried the steps shared above. If they don't help, you may try the following steps based on your specific Nvidia case and let us know how it goes:
1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel."
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab > "select a program to customize" > Illustrator > Select the preferred graphics processor for this program > Integrated/ High Permonce/Global settings. Check one by one in which Illustrator runs fine.
I hope it helps!
OMG, it worked. Thank you so much. After I selected illustrator, I only clicked restore and that's it. It worked!
Nothing worked for me, I don't know what to do anymore... 😞
The most strange thing, is that on a Windows 10 virtual machine, running in the same laptop, everything works perfectly! This is a mistery! 🙂
Sorry, I totally forgot to mention my GPU: RTX 2070
Thanks for letting us know that. You may try installing the Nvidia Studio Driver as suggested above.
Also, please check if you select your integrated GPU as "Select the preferred graphics processor" instead of Nvidia RTX 2060 under Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings and let us know how it goes.
Well, I installed Nvidia Studio Driver, tried both modes (integrated and Nvidia GPU) and the results are the same, no changes. I disabled the nvidia gpu on the Setup (only iGPU), same thing. I changed my monitor from 240 to 60 Hz, nothing. Disconnect from Internet, put on airplane mode, nothing. Maybe something related to FontBase (a font manager)? I don't know.
Hey, great news: using the CC Cleaner Tool and reinstall did the trick! Now the files are closing immediatelly!! Thanks for the help! Just one thing: after I installed the Nvidia Studio Driver, I can't switch back to RTX 2070 on Illustrator. The performance tab only shows Intel Integrated Graphics.
Glad to hear that, and thanks for sharing your insights with us. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a similar issue. You may try the steps suggested in the following AMD help articles:
Let me know how it goes. I will be looking forward to your response.
Hi @Anshul_Saini thanks for the answer, I figure out the problem: It was two plugin folders of Fontbase that was inside older folder versions of both adobe photoshop and illustrator. After I deleted those folders (the fontbase plugin folders) the problem was solved and now its working like a charm ♥