• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Tile Printing misaligned

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi im trying to print a text banner on (4) 13"x19" each pieces of paper on my Canon Pixma Pro 100.  Im running Illustrator 26.0.1 on a 2021 Macbook Pro M1Max on Monterey 12.2.1.

I created an illustrator file that is 26" x 38" and chose " Tile Imageable Areas " on the print dialogue menu.  I saw someone in a youtube vid say that was the option to choose if your printer can print to edge.  The preview image shows the print correctly tiled onto (4) 13x19 pieces.  But when I print it, the alignment is pretty off.  It seems like the main issue is the vertical line between the bottom two panels.  The alignment everywhere else seems to be not that bad.  Ive tried reprinting it thinking maybe the printer just got misaligned during the print but the issue always ends up being in the same area between the U and the 1.  Is this an issue with my printer or is there something I can tweak in Illustrator to fix this?

Thanks so much for your time.

TOPICS
Print and publish , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might a bit longer way but you could try to set the artboard with your paper size and turn the Print Tiling On (View > Show Print Tiling) and set guides to make keep the correct positions. Then try to print sequentially each part moving the artwork along the guides. At least, this way you can separate the printer's issue from the Illustrator's one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using the borderless printing option on your Canon, that's probably it. It's pretty physically impossible to print to the border at exact size, so the Canon driver adds an "Extension" (basically it enlarges the image incrementally to eliminate any white edges.

I suggest you either turn off borderless, and try "Tile Imageable Areas" again. (You will have to trim white margins off, but you should now have the complete image you need., OR

"Tile Full pages" instead and add a bit of overlap (say .25" - .5"). It's more work because you will have to lay the pieces down on top of each other to line the images up (a light table helps); tape them down, then trim through both sheets with an Xacto blade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines