Exit

Illustrator unable to detect compatible GPU on Windows PC

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

as stated in the title
In my computer photoshop, I normally use gpu.
in recognition of
The illustration does not recognize gpu...

I installed the latest NVIDIA driver.
In Computer Settings, the Internal GraphicsHard is:
I've set it to stop working

I don't know why gpu doesn't recognize in illustration only.
Is there someone nice who can solve the problem?

no work in illustratorno work in illustratorworking in photoshopworking in photoshopmy gpumy gpu

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Apparently Illustrator uses different means of detecting a graphics card than photoshop does. I had the same issue and it was related to WMI being broken on a windows machine. 

Try running msinfo32.exe and if it comes back with an error (doesn't display computer information) it's probably the same issue. 

To fix it run create the following script by saving all the text below the line in notepad. Save it as fix.bat then save it in C:\windows\system32\wbem. Open command prompt as administrator then

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always have Customer Care check this out:

Please contact Customer Care: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

But in case there is no support for your card in Illustrator, then you can only file a feature request:

http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are facing with Illustrator. Looks like you are working on a Windows machine. Try setting NVidia as default Graphic card (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7DrQmDXHuY) on your machine and then restart the system. 

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Srishti

today i'am going to show you how to use NVIDIA gpu on your laptop to become default graphics card, as we know intel hd graphic are set to default gpu if we're not setting nvidia as main gpu. so there few setting we need to change to set our gpu to nvidia as default graphic card! or main gpu / main

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-02-18 082448.png

Same Problem here. I got like 3 weeks looking for solution to this problem. I use to work with my internal Intel UHD 630 with no problem. Then Nvidia 1060TI with no problem. Now I notice Illustrator stopped to recognize any of my GPUS. Nvidia, Intel, AMD Radeon 590.

I've tried to update my drivers, Windows, the Windows App fix thingy, Lower resolution... etc. 

Adobe Photoshop works fine and detects my GPU. So do After Effects, Premier, Cinema 4D...

Illustrator System Info report shows my GPUs: it shows GPUS model, type, mem, displays, etc. This problem has been happening since some time ago to many people with  no reason or solution. 

Pls, Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I alse tried that uselessly :'( I reseted the preference on Panel, and also holding Shift/Ctrl. I also disconnected one my GPU. I was about to reinstall windows but, c'mmon, all softwares and the rest of Adobe Suite works fine with my gpu. Forum info is barely useful. And there is not an Official statement that explain what is causing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Optimus, try using NVIDIA's control panel to prioritize NVIDIA for the graphics processor settings.
Although irregular, there is also a way to stop Intel UHD in Device Manager.

Of course, updating NVIDIA drivers to the latest, or slightly older, is essential.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to share the link with you . In that link , they have provided some steps. Please try and let me know whether it's worked .

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/updated-gpu-but-illustrator-doesn-t-recognize-that-it-s-u...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently Illustrator uses different means of detecting a graphics card than photoshop does. I had the same issue and it was related to WMI being broken on a windows machine. 

Try running msinfo32.exe and if it comes back with an error (doesn't display computer information) it's probably the same issue. 

To fix it run create the following script by saving all the text below the line in notepad. Save it as fix.bat then save it in C:\windows\system32\wbem. Open command prompt as administrator then type cd C:\windows\system32\wbem and hit enter. Now type fix.bat and let the script run. It might take a few minutes to register all the components. Once it's done restart the computer and it should work now. 

-----------------------------------------------

@echo off
sc config winmgmt start= disabled
net stop winmgmt /y
%systemdrive%
cd %windir%\system32\wbem
for /f %%s in ('dir /b *.dll') do regsvr32 /s %%s
wmiprvse /regserver
winmgmt /regserver
sc config winmgmt start= auto
net start winmgmt
for /f %%s in ('dir /s /b *.mof *.mfl') do mofcomp %%s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly. I spent 2 months trying to solve this, and in the end, with that script, I was able to resolve it... I appreciate it very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been struggling with this off and on for months and this really helped me out a lot, thank you!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked perfectly, thank you for posting such clear instructions!

I tried everything else - fresh install of preferences, fresh illustrator install, clean graphics drivers (studio & regular), setting high-performance programs in the Graphics settings, etc. Nothing worked until I tried this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this solution. Wondering when it will be fixed directly in the Illustrator software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines