• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator VERY slow even simple documents

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fast, relatively new machine with 128GB RAM, a very fast Nvidia card (windows 11)  and my drawings are extremely slow to select items. It's totally unusable on this machine. I have tons of free CPU and memory and it's not a resource contention issue. Other apps all run fine. 

I have tried selecting and unselectiong all the CPU performance options. I have no plugins. What could be making this so slow.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Is your Adobe Cloud up and running without error or updated in other apps in background? Have you restarted the computer?

OOBE RESET WIN

Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)

C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE 

The AppData folder is hidden in Windows by default. See Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows for instructions to access it.

Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

Restart the computer a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mvonw,

We understand that technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying the suggestions in this help article (https://adobe.ly/4cTBFFA) to see if they help?

Also, try performing a clean reinstallation of the GPU drivers (Intel / NVIDIA / AMD) and setting the Graphics Preference to High-Performance for Illustrator (https://adobe.ly/3PYbTWS) and sharing your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Adobe Cloud up and running without error or updated in other apps in background? Have you restarted the computer?

OOBE RESET WIN

Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)

C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE 

The AppData folder is hidden in Windows by default. See Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows for instructions to access it.

Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this now and let you know.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holy moly. That worked!! Thank-you ever so much. I googled this issue for an hour. Should have come here first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines