• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator window pixel glitch issue

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey has this happened to anyone before? So at work we are using the CS5 version. Lately when I have been working the entire window just for Illustrator will turn completely black and I am unable to see any of my artwork. Then I'll minimise the window and bring it back up then the screen is all gray. Sometimes there are boxes where it looks black and like dead pixels but only in a few spots. I have never seen this before and was hoping someone had some insight into this issue. I have attached a few examples.

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 9.12.31 AM copy.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-22 at 10.07.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-22 at 10.09.12 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

In general, that's a risky combination that may work well or may not work at all, or sometimes only with various restrictions. It is not recommended to run Illustrator CS5 on Yosemite. Officially not supported.

I am running CS5 on the latest Mac OS and it works pretty fluently (even better than CS6), but that doesn't mean that it should work on your machine reliably as well.

Another ting that may apply according to your screenshots: You may have some serious hardware issues. Is Illustrator the onl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On what operating system are you running Illustrator CS5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Mac and version 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, that's a risky combination that may work well or may not work at all, or sometimes only with various restrictions. It is not recommended to run Illustrator CS5 on Yosemite. Officially not supported.

I am running CS5 on the latest Mac OS and it works pretty fluently (even better than CS6), but that doesn't mean that it should work on your machine reliably as well.

Another ting that may apply according to your screenshots: You may have some serious hardware issues. Is Illustrator the only application that causes this kind of trouble or are other programmes affected as well?

But again, if you are using older versions of Illustrator, you should make sure that they are running on appropriate operation systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No Illustrator is the only one being affected as far as I can tell. Photoshop crashes once in a while though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines