• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator won't open

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a new MacBook Pro with the M1 Chip and since then Illustrator won't open. I did an update to the 26.2.1 version, still wont't open. I got back to the version before that but it has the same issue. I've tried openig up other Adobe Applications and they work fine. I had some trouble yesterday to log into my Adobe Account and use the Creative Cloud but after 30 minutes or so I managed to get in. I just noticed the Illustrator issue today and can't figure out what might be wrong. Does someone have an explanation or solution? Or at least the issue as me. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

@Mike_Gondek @Anshul_Saini 

Hi to both of you! The issue solved itself because I needed to restart the Mac for other purposes and Illustrator started to work again. Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about this problem, no worries we will get you back up. What OS version?

OOBE RESET MAC

• Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)
  • /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  • The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default for macOS 10.7 and above. See Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later for instructions to access it.
  • Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
  • Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.
  • Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

Reset Prefs Thoroughly (Mac)

Quit Your Adobe App (100% you must do this)

Finder >> Go (hold down option to show hidden) >> library 

Rename these 4 folders

• Preferences >> Adobe  >> Program Name rename to (Program Name .old)
  • Library- >> Caches >> com.(Program Name) rename to (Program Name .old)
  • Library >> Application Support >> Adobe >> Program Name rename to (Program Name.old)
  • /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP rename to (CEP .old)

• Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Renata Pasik,

We are sorry for the trouble. We will like to know if the steps suggested by @Mike_Gondek help resolve the issue for you? If not, would you mind sharing a few details like:

• The exact version of macOS
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

Also, please check & confirm if the app opens up in the root user account or not.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mike_Gondek @Anshul_Saini 

Hi to both of you! The issue solved itself because I needed to restart the Mac for other purposes and Illustrator started to work again. Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines