Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image with mask and gradient?

Engaged ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I receive an image in hi res embeb in an Illustrator file. Since i am not expert i cannot tell if the image can be separated from the embed white gradient background or not. I tried to make unclipping mask but does not work. Maybe is an image from Photoshop with the gradient background applied. A raster image. If there is any solution rather than having to trace it since the Cowboy Girl has hair could you please let me know. This is the file.

https://goo.gl/GAz5RJ

Thanks 1000!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Use Photoshop to separate her from the background.

Doesn't make too much sense to autotrace her unless you need just a silhouette.

There are about a gazillion tutorials on how to select hair with Photoshop. I'm afraid I don't have an overview of which one is the best one. You might want to ask in the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on your link led me to a blank page. Can you post a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Photoshop to separate her from the background.

Doesn't make too much sense to autotrace her unless you need just a silhouette.

There are about a gazillion tutorials on how to select hair with Photoshop. I'm afraid I don't have an overview of which one is the best one. You might want to ask in the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that your file is just a .psd file in Illustrator, those image edits were made in Photoshop, and unfortunately is a single layer, so you can't reverts those edits.  You might want to unembed the artwork, in order to edit in a bitmap software like Photoshop, see Unembed images in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might want to continue that work in Photoshop as it has best selection tools Make selections in Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines