• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images created in illustrator placing with only white fill in illustrator documents

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I really hope someone can help me with this!!

I have been creating characters and scenes in Illustrator for tan animation series, and placing certain components in my CC library for reuse in different scenes.  All the sudden, the when I pull these components from the CC library into the original (or any other) Illustrator document, they're showing up with a completely white fill.

Also, Illustrator is not recognizing my drawings as vectors when I pull them into a document from the CC library. 

Can anyone help?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Do not  drag and drop,  that is linking to the cloud asset. Instead right click and place copy.

In all honesty the libraries feature is  buggy and not worth your investment in this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to help without:

• sample file
  • a screenshot
  • trail of what your EXACT commands you used.

Did you try to right click on the time you want and choose Place Copy?.

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 11.20.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I added a reply to Monika Gouse if you have a sec and can take a look! Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include the layers panel when making a screenshot. Maybe the fill is applied to the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.36.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.36.34 PM.png

In the first image, you'll see that I am trying to drag and drip "cube 3" from my library, onto the layer called "cube", shown at the bottom of the layers panel. 

In the second image, you'll see that after I have dragged and dropped "cube 3" on to the "cube" sublayer, the image appears white on the art board.  However, it appears with its normal fill in the preview within the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not  drag and drop,  that is linking to the cloud asset. Instead right click and place copy.

In all honesty the libraries feature is  buggy and not worth your investment in this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, placing a copy fixed this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad this works for you.

For me I am experienced unwanted  fragments of other graphics being placed while placing others.

Library Graphics - placing unwanted extra items

The library feature is quite buggy as trying to share and collaborate with my coworkers does not work even though am synchronized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as Illustrator not recognizing them as vectors, it might just appear to be that way. If you drag an image out from the CC Libraries, it'll show up in a box that appears as "Artwork" in the breadcrumb trail for Isolation Mode. If you look at the top, you'll see a button that says Edit Original. That will open your original vector graphic. It's like a symbol, though. If you update the original and save, it'll update what is in your CC Libraries. After clicking Edit Original, you could copy and paste that vector that opens up into an Illustrator document if you don't want to update the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include the layers panel when making a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines