• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported transparent PNG and PSD files have random feint white lines around edges

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest Adobe Illustrator update, I am seeing random feint white lines around imported photoshop transparent PNG and PSD files, into Illustrator.

• The lines do not appear on the photoshop file, tested with various colour backgrounds.
  • The PNG files are exported in high res, the Illustrator raster settings are at 500dpi (and tried 300dpi). The PNG export settings are "bicubic smoother" and I tested all other options (although historically, I always use the bicubic smoother setting with no issue).
  • I've tried rasterising the images, and flattening to the background colour, lines remain.
  • Upon exporting to PDF, or importing into InDesign, the lines are retained.
  • Like the Adobe Acrobat line phenomenon, the keylines (in Illustrator) do change a little as you enlarge or reduce the scale on the screen.

This will be a digital online catalogue, as well as being printed, so I need these keylines gone. 

I suspect it is a bug.

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 11.23.02 am.png

Same candle, with navy background out of Photoshop - no white lines:

Uyuni-Pillar-Black-78x203-FB-C78020-Navy.jpg

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad. Was aiming at the tech team as I beleive it is a bug, but your support is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another example...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it stil visible when you switch from GPU to CPU Preview (CMD or Ctrl E)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, no difference. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try installing a previous version to check if it is Illustrator or the images.

If that does not help, create the background in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, do you know if there is a way to download an old version without over-riding/removing my current version and custom settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much Ton. Will try it over the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tested on an older iMac and older version of Illustrator, no issue.

Back on Mac Studio 2022 running Monterey 12.6.5...

fixed by turning OFF anti-aliased artwork (Preferences > General > Anti-Aliased Artwork) then switching to CPU view.

I will update to Ventura this weekend and see if that makes any difference - thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines