• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting text into a symbol such as an infinity

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey y'all!  I know I've done this before, but for the life of me I can't figure out how I've done it before.  I'm trying to insert a name into the path of an infinity symbol. I've attached this picture for reference.  No matter what I do I can't get it to work. Help, please!!! I'm working in CS6 if that helps.images (31).jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

oldmountaincrafts,

This is one of the reasons for keeping original/earlier versions of artwork, by setting copies aside at important stages where irreversible changes are made; one way is to have Layers with stages (duplicate and go on), another is to have locked and hidden groups/whatever (Ctrl/Cmd+C+B, then lock and hide) easy to spot. And also save the document (different names/places).

Maybe you can try to:

1) Create the infinity symbol (shown as 8 below) as a thin stroked path (and copy it, ke

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't you just draw it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oldmountaincrafts,

This is one of the reasons for keeping original/earlier versions of artwork, by setting copies aside at important stages where irreversible changes are made; one way is to have Layers with stages (duplicate and go on), another is to have locked and hidden groups/whatever (Ctrl/Cmd+C+B, then lock and hide) easy to spot. And also save the document (different names/places).

Maybe you can try to:

1) Create the infinity symbol (shown as 8 below) as a thin stroked path (and copy it, keep the original), if desirable you may

2) Create the name on top of it, adapted in size and (maybe) thickness and curvature, to fit into the general 8 shape (and copy it, keep the original),

3) Cut the 8 from 1) where it meets the ends of the name so you get two paths (and copy them, keep the originals),

4) Create an Art Brush for each of the two parts of the 8, each fitting the desired thickness at the middle and at the ends (maybe a difference at the ends),

5) Apply the Art Brushes to the two paths and make adjustments, you may keep the broken 8 and the name separate or expand the artbrushed paths and join.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

Thank you for this information.  I'll try it and see if it works. And as to the 1st part of your response,  I always keep copies as I go along, but my computer and my external backup were fried by lightning and I lost a lot of valuable work product. I was able to recover some from an online backup service but not much. Thanks again. I can always count on you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, oldmaountaincrafts, and thank you for your kind words.

And also save the document (different names/places).

I was a bit curt there, I believe. Among the places I think of is (burning documents to) an optical disk (multisession, or rewritable if you must).

You can also use the Adobe free Cloud storage, see this (as I read it, you can even use it without having CC):

Benefits of a free Adobe Creative Cloud membership

Did you get closer to remembering the old/original way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, once I cleared my mind and went through your suggestions I was able to remember some of the way I've done it before and it turned out great. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing, oldmountaincrafts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20190814_171702.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice artwork, oldmountaincrafts, and thank you for sharing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! It cut beautiful on my laser. Delivering it today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines