• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intagram Branding Kit

Contributor ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone downloaded the Instagram branding kit from their site? The gradient version of the SVG print logo is a little over 10MB. I do not understand why? I am trying to export the SVG to a optimal size but I cannot do it. The other social media icons I have that at 30X30 size are under 5KB. Explain?

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

The gradient contained in the Instagram logo is actually a pixel-based image. If someone worked at it they might be able to accurately re-create that background in vector form using a gradient mesh or free-form gradient fill. But those native Illustrator effects do not export well outside of the environment of an Adobe Illustrator document or a PDF generated by Illustrator. A flattened TIF or PNG image contained inside a clipping mask can be reproduced accurately by more applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gradient contained in the Instagram logo is actually a pixel-based image. If someone worked at it they might be able to accurately re-create that background in vector form using a gradient mesh or free-form gradient fill. But those native Illustrator effects do not export well outside of the environment of an Adobe Illustrator document or a PDF generated by Illustrator. A flattened TIF or PNG image contained inside a clipping mask can be reproduced accurately by more applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bobby Henderson  Thanks, I guess not all companies can't hire thinking designers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had to include the colored Instagram logo in a few sign projects. I don't like embedding a bunch of pixel-based images in my work; I prefer to keep the working files vector-only as much as possible. My work-around for the Instagram logo is including a "dummy" square the size of that background in relation to the vector-based parts of the logo. When I need to print the project I'll place the actual background in the document, make it the same size as the dummy square, align it to that square and then clip it into the actual logo parts. It sounds a little complicated, but the task doesn't take more than a few seconds to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines