• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Forms

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that InDesign has the ability to create interactive forms with Buttons and Forms feature. How can I have that same ability in Illustrator? Is there a plug in maybe? Also, I know you can create a form in Acrobate...the problem I am trying to solve is I want a form that I do not have to recreate every time I send a proof out. The interactive form needs to be on the same page as my art in the .pdf but I don't want to keep recreating the form every time. Any suggetions would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

You can add the form fields in Acrobat and replace the design later with an update without changing the form functionality.

In the Page thumbnails in Acrobat you have a popup menu with the choice to replace pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK this is not (or was not - maybe in 26?) possible directly out of Illy.

As you say "interactive form needs to be on the same page as my art" create in ID and place the art from Illy in the ID doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was one of my solutions but my art is created in Illustrator and I don't want to add another program in the mix. Plus, this would cause the "proofer" the limited ability to look at color seperations in Acrobat since bringing in the Illustrartor file into InDesign placed it as an image therefor giving it CMYK color seps in Acrobate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

since bringing in the Illustrartor file into InDesign placed it as an image therefor giving it CMYK color seps in Acrobate.

By @Julie5FDF

I don't understand why this would happen with a properly set up file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add the form fields in Acrobat and replace the design later with an update without changing the form functionality.

In the Page thumbnails in Acrobat you have a popup menu with the choice to replace pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could be something to work on but my proofs are all different sizes and it keeps form fields in same location...but I may be able to mess with it to see if I can make something work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines