• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal execution script error

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to use scripts in the latest edition of Illustrator it shows an error, but in previous versions like 2020 it works nicely. What should I do to solve this problem ?

I have attached a screenshot of the pop-up.

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run it in ExtendScript app, or similar, and see if it will show you where the error is - it's possible that the language for a particular part has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ChitraKathak, I don't know the answer, but it might help if you could you please try to run the following one-line script, just to check if *every* script will get the error. Save it as a text file called "test-script.js", and in Illustrator choose File > Scripts > Other Script to select and run it.

- Mark

alert('This script ran without error, so not all scripts get the error.');

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @m1b ,

This script ran without error. If you need I can check my other scripts and make a list of the error showing scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's okay for you to share one or two scripts that get errors please do. We will see if they run properly for us.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines