• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad Sidecar with Apple Pencil...Pressure Sensitivity not working

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got the new Apple sidecar functionality to work using my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. I do illustrations in AI and cannot get the pressure sensitivity enabled for the Apple Pencil.  Is this possible??

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Please, how can we add support to pressure in ipad sidecar???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For example, try using WACOM 6D Brushes.

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 19.26.34.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 19.29.21.png

Pressure Sensitivity is working when using Apple Pencil in a sidecar.

I’m using mac OS Catalina 10.15.1 + Illustrator 2020 + iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2nd.

Best,

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same issue with illustrator/sidecar and pressure in the brush settings with apple pencil.  The fix that worked for me is to uninstall illustrator (all copies) & uninstall all wacom drivers (check for wacom/com.wacom files & hidden library entries to cleanly remove). Restart, reinstall lastest wacom drivers THEN reinstall illustrator.  Pressure etc was no longer greyed out in these menus using sidecar & creating/adjusting brush settings.  (Obvs, also check your security/privacy settings for automation so illustrator has permissions to use drivers & disk access.) Hope this fix helps anyone else who comes across this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple pencil pressure sensitivity is not working when using Sidecar functionality with MacOS Big Sur. Anybody out there have a solution? Just not sure if Illustrator is the tool for me if I can't get this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same problem with photoshop, and the apple support suggested to turn off bluetooth on both devices (ipad and mac) and then turn off and on the HandOff (from accessibility) and then it should work fine. Let me know if that works? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem persists, only solution I was able to get working was to modify existing Wacom 6D Art Pen Brushes. New brushes will not allow you to turn on pressure feature.

This is an infuriating bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello have the same issue.. only wacom 6d is working. something new in the 2022 version? thanks for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue where my apple pencil sensitivity wasn't showing up on Photoshop (desktop version 2023, I use my iPad as a sidecar second monitor) even though it was working when I tested it in Procreate and settings in Photoshop were all correct for pressure sensitivity. I was able to resolve this by disconnecting my devices, turning bluetooth off on both of them, quitting Photoshop, and shutting down both devices for a few mins. Now it works again!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines