• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to save SVG without the enable-background style property being added?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The enable-background property seems to be automatically added into the svg code when created. That attribute is deprecated and no longer recommended to be used. There doesn't seem to be a way to avoid it being in there, and the only option is to manually strip it out of the svg code. Could a feature update be made to stop automatically adding this property?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

This property appears if you Save As SVG, but I don't see it when I use Export As or Export for Screens. Can you try those methods?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please report this as a feature request: https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Just submitted the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Could you perhaps post the URL in this thread, so we all can vote on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This property appears if you Save As SVG, but I don't see it when I use Export As or Export for Screens. Can you try those methods?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing that out! Looks like that is correct, if you Export instead of Save, it no longer shows that property. I'll use that option for now, and hopefully an update can come in the future for when using Save too. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, the Save As SVG method uses outdated code and has done for years now. I understand that Save As SVG exists so that sidecar SVG/AI files can be created, but I don't know why there's a discrepancy between the code in Save and Export -- It's just confusing for users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is confusing! I appreciate your insight and helping me find a work-around for the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines