• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a keyboard command that lets me cycle through layers like the option-] in PS?

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the title is self explanatory. It would be great to be able to scroll through the layers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this keystroke do?

I have a German version and it will not do anything at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it does the same as Option+, and Option+. does in the German version of Photoshop: Cycling through the layers (select/highlight them).

I don't know an equivalent and straightforward shortcut in Illustrator, other than creating some convoluted workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In windows if you hit Ctrl + Alt + [ or ] then you can cycle through the layers, so if this is for Mac then I'm sure there must be a way..? You could try something like Cmd + Option + [ or ]

We need someone with a Mac to test..?

It also doesn't appear in the keyboard shortcut list here... Default keyboard shortcuts for Illustrator would be good to get added to the list if indeed it works for both Windows and Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no documented command for that in Illustrator., and have never heard of one. Incase some of the other layer related key commands  in regards to layers:are useful.

Keys for the Layers panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for weighing in. There doesn't seem to be a keyboard command for this though. I've tried all sorts of combinations using the control, option, command, shift, [ ], + and arrow keys and no luck. Thank you all for your suggestions though. Adobe Illustrator people, are you listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings from the future! It's bleak, try not to think about it!

Here's the workaround, 

Hold Command and Option and toggle through the layer by pressing the brackets.... [ or ].  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's the same thing sishamIAGD from the past suggested

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines