• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any event fired when tracking of character attributes changed??

Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All, I want to store tracking of the selection textframe in note whenever it is changed. Is there any event that occur when tracking is changed. I am working on Illustartor CC 2015.3 HTML5 plugins. I am using AIHostAdaper.aip file and there is a event that I have seen AIEvent.TRACKING_KERNING_COMMAND_PRE and AIEvent.TRACKING_KERNING_COMMAND_POST. But none of these  event fired when tracking is changed. Thanks.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should post your question in the SDK forum as well,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2016 Oct 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Hostadapter.aip plugin not fired both AIEvent.TRACKING_KERNING_COMMAND_PRE and AIEvent.TRACKING_KERNING_COMMAND_POST. Probably, These events are not implemented yet.

However, We can capture AIEvent.ART_SELECTION_CHANGED when tracking and kerning chenged. But, you have to determin yourself what object was changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we can capture  AIEvent.ART_SELECTION_CHANGED event but it is very difficult what change occur in the document. There is no data returned from this event that would  be helpful. Any idea when AIEvent.TRACKING_KERNING_COMMAND_PRE and AIEvent.TRACKING_KERNING_COMMAND_POST events will be implemented??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think we have no chance to update it...

However, We can make adapter plugin to notify some events with payloads at ourselve. The Marked Object sample code in Illustrator SDK provide us how to use notifer and cauture it in extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines