Exit

issue with Illustrator about the color image

New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2565-05-26 at 14.23.32.png

Hi , 

Can any one please help me out with this problem?
i open the artwork and the color of image change in to the bad way like this. it will be the same with everytime i open the file even the new file.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Hi @Humble Hastle24615545h9iv @BlueJackdaw @laurenh22769 

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to reproduce the issue at our end. We have already logged a bug with the product team, and they are currently investigating the issue.

This is happening with the Ai file, which has linked images. While saving, when the "Include linked files " option is selected and then reopened, the Ai file images get inverted, or yellow color can be seen.

To avoid this, you may try the following steps:

• Embed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator is it?

I think I have seen a question about this recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have no answer for you as I'm experiencing the same problem. I've seen a couple of similar posts, unfortunately no solution. It started showing up after the last update, it looks like Illustrator has a problem displaying files with transparency (the same file without transparency displays correctly for me). However, when I put the .png into Illustrator everything is fine, only after saving the artwork as .ai, closing and reopening, all files with transparency break. I hope this problem can be solved as soon as possible, pretty hard to work with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It maybe a special kind of png (from another (non Adobe) app, more bits per pixel...), can you share such a png here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I don't think so, these were pngs exported from Photoshop. I did some tests and for example stock photo (.jpg) exported to .png in Photoshop worked just fine in Illustrator, but when I extended the background in the same photo to add transparent background then this weird bug(?) happened in Illustrator.  But it's not happening to every .png with transparency, I downloaded some from the internet and it worked just fine. So now I suspect maybe I'm doing something wrong while exporting from Photoshop? I'm not sure what the exact problem is, it worked fine before the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but cannot reproduce the problem.

Can you share such a problem png?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to me too. It doesn't happen with all files and I also tested to see if it was certain images. I created a different file with a few of the same PNG files and it didn't happen. I've been able to save as a PDF which seems to at least keep the PNG as they should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was doing some more tests, to show an example of this issue, and I think I found a temporary solution that works for me. Turns out, as you can see in the attached picture, that the problem appears when I put files in Illustrator using the "place" option, when I'm using the "open" and then copy the file to my target file it works just fine. Top two pngs are downloaded from the internet (no interference on my part), bottom two I put in PS and exported as pngs (because I suspected this might be what causes the problem). So at least there is a solution, I guess, but a bit tedious to use it all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Humble Hastle24615545h9iv @BlueJackdaw @laurenh22769 

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to reproduce the issue at our end. We have already logged a bug with the product team, and they are currently investigating the issue.

This is happening with the Ai file, which has linked images. While saving, when the "Include linked files " option is selected and then reopened, the Ai file images get inverted, or yellow color can be seen.

To avoid this, you may try the following steps:

• Embed the images in the document
    Anshul_Saini_0-1654209054796.png
  • Uncheck the "Include linked files"
    Anshul_Saini_2-1654209054828.png
  • Downgrade to an older version of Illustrator 

Let us know if this works for you or not.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines