• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Illustrator following mac OS Monterey Update

New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have Adobe Illustrator 2024 on my macbook pro, it has been running fine until this week. There is a ton of lag, using the text tool freezes the program, and the top menus (file, edit, etc.) do not work.

I thought it was a hardware issue so I switched to my mac desktop, which is much more powerful and runs Illustrator 2023. I'm having the same problems, so I'm wondering if it's being caused by the OS update a few days ago.

Anyone else having this problem? Updating/reinstalling Illustrator didn't work.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @davidw58350243,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/3WVDL2l) and letting us know if it helps?

If the problem persists, please share more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, details of your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3WWsCOF) so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no general issue with Monterey, I have it on my Macbook with Illustrator 2024.

Do you have any system extensions, such as Rectangle or Magnet? Or do you run Proofpoint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines