Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with RBG and CMYK

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whoever that can help out, 

I'm having issues with colors on Illustrator. It could be something to do with copy-pasting assets from other ai files with CMYK color (I use stock assets in my work) into my RGB work file that's messing things up. 

Even though my document is in RGB mode, the appearances panel refuses to show RBG values, and instead only shows CMYK values even though the color selected is clearly RBG (tried to open previous works that are RBG files and this issue is still present).

The appearance panel tells me that the color selected is "out of web colors" even though it's clearly not (the colors panel shows the pantone code with RGB just fine). I've attached some screenshots whereby the torquise green is not showing up in it's RBG values, with illustrator giving me an option to convert to RGB.

I've reinstalled AI (newest version as of time of writing) but the issue is still there, and I can't seem to figure how to resolve this after much fiddling 😞

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 4.36.29 PM.png

Update: Well, it magically came back after creating a new file and setting it to RGB color. Seems to do the trick in telling illustrator to revert back to RGB on my other RGB files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The color mode in the color panel can be selected from its menu.

If it's set to something else than the document color mode, colors will be converted by color management.

You can disregard the web safe warning. Web safe colors are last century's thing.

This video might help with color changes in your files https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueSFXNWL3Ds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines