Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jagged lines in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I seem to have a problem with Illustrator. I made a "logo" ( imported a photo in Illustrator selected Template and started tracing with the line tool around the design in the photo, it's basically a kitchen photo and I traced the cabinets to make a logo). Now the problem is that my lines are jagged/ blurred and it prints like that. This is intended to be printed, I have to make a business card for a friend. 

At first I did not noticed the lines untill I exported it ( as SVG) and imported it in InDesign, because there is where I designed the business card.

I tried pretty much a lot of thing to see if I can fix the lines but with no succes. 

GPU Performance does not help, is currently on ( and it was on when I was drawing) and if I turn it off it's even worse, I think. 

Anti-aliased Artwork is also on, but also makes no difference. 

My  Preview mode is Default and High 300 ppi.

I also tried to redo everything, open a new document and start tracing again, but the lines are still the same. 

Does anyone know what is causing this? How could I fix it?

I am attaching here photos ( of the printed card) and screenshots ( from the file in Illustrator). 

Thank you in advance. 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Hello everyone. I just wanted to give an update on  this. So I figure it out ( with the help of dutchly_designs on instagram) why the lines were jagged. This happend because the lines were at an angle, not straight, because I draw the design on perspective.  The moment I changed the angle they went back to being straight, no ofc that was not the intention for my design but at least now I know why they were jagged. 

It seems a little wrong that Illustrator does that to the oblique lines but I gues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly these days you need 100K followers on Instagram - otherwise it looks like you're just not credible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines