• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Join paths with with pen tool to use fill tool

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Im relatively new to Ai and I drew a lion , then imported it and image traced it. Now I want to add an extra division made with the pen tool (blue path) to the ear so I can use the fill tool. The problem is I can't get it done. I appreciate the patience and help , thank you ! 

98e9f29a-e39e-4ad0-bef8-8f1020e4cd7e.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot create Y-connections in Illustrator. So what I would do is use Live Paint:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of course I want to use Live Paint but I cant get to divide the shape. How could I get there, what do I need to do. The thing thats working for me is screenshoting and then pasting as .png and then image tracing again but there must be a better and easier way. For example I want to divide two sections of the lion's face:

dfe0236f-b36f-4fda-b866-2274916b8877.jpge12179e7-e137-4aaa-95b6-37a97bed5c39.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lmao nevermind i think i figured it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines