• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep getting Color Setting dialog box every time I open a file

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched all over and have not found a solution to this and I haven't see any recent discussions around this so I am creating a new one in hopes someone might of found a fix.

I need to have a specific color setting profile and understand that a lot of the files I am opening won't meet the same setting but is there any way to keep the dialog box from popping up every time?

"Your current color settings discard CMYK profiles in linked content but profiles were set to be honored when this document was created"

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 3.06.43 PM.png

here are my current settings: 

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 3.04.14 PM.png

I have tried changing the Color Management Policies for CMYK to "Perserve Numbers (Ignore Linked Profiles) as another post has suggested a few years back in the community but that doesn't seem to work. I am still getting the dialog box. 

Any help would be so much appreciated! 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the Preserve Numbers option does not work?

Convert to Working Space without turning on the warnings for mismatches and profiles looks dangerous to me. Converting CMYK to another CMYK will convert 100% black to a CMYK mixture which can cause problems with small text and lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had any issues with my settings set to converting to Working Space so far. But yes using Preserve Numbers option did not quite work out for me. It did stop while I tested opening a file or two but ended up popping up again for other files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Abigail.C,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I agree with what Ton has said. However, I would suggest you try the steps shared in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/quot-your-current-color-settings-discard-cmyk...).

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines