• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts not working in Illustrator CC for Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a lot of problems using keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator CC for Mac. They'll will work intermittently. No keyboard issues anywhere else. Is this a bug, or something I can remedy on my end?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

@colling_s which mouse are you using?  is it the Apple magic mouse. maybe it starts to listen for keypresses to enable some additional features.

Not sure if it is the same issue as here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5221035?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Had that same issue for months. Using a 2022 Mac Studio, Monterey 12.6, CC2022.

Try quiting/restarting Safari.

Seems Safari is conflicting somehow. Hopefully there is an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 132 Replies 132
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was having similar trouble, but not using the Magic Mouse.  I am using MBP OSX 10.7.5, with an iHome wireless mouse.  It has a scroll wheel. but not the touch sensitive top of the Magic Mouse.  I struggled with this for half an hour, and then discovered my problem.

I was using CS6 on an iMac in the front office, but I've been begging the finance guy to let me get a copy for my office.  I finally get my own copy, but it's Illustrator CC, and the first thing I do fails.  I want to Zoom In, so I do the same thing I've been doing for 15 years, the keyboard shortcut for the Zoom function.  I tried several different things, but the only thing that worked was selecting the Magnifier tool on the tool bar.  I am definitely NOT going back to 1998!

But here's what was really going on:

On the iMac / CS6 I found that Fn+Cmd+Space would change the cursor to the Zoom tool, and would function just like I remembered from--what was it, v4.0 in the mid 90's?  The problem is, the Fn is not necessary, but I doesn't hurt anything.  However when I got on my MBP, I have the extended external keyboard, and although I thought I was pressing fn+Cmd+Space, but I really pressing Ctrl+Cmd+Space.  This DOES change the cursor into the magnifier tool, but it does NOT let you perform the zoom function while you're (mistakenly) holding down the Ctrl Key. 

Problem solved.  Next step: Retrain my fingers.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am out of the office (Monday, Sept. 2 - Friday, Sept. 6) and will return Monday, September 9. If you have any immediate questions please contact John at 270-782-0077, or email him at: jthompson@zebragraphics.com

Thank you!

Angela Eldridge

ZebraGraphics

432 East Main Avenue

Bowling Green, KY 42101

(270) 782-0077

www.zebragraphics.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adding my experience. quickkeys on various occasion are failing to fire (most noticeable when switching tools), both with and without my hand on the magic mouse. have only been seeing this in illustrator cc and NOT cs6. also, no issues in other cc programs (photoshop, indd). have also experienced this with a trackpad on a laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am out of the office (Monday, Sept. 2 - Friday, Sept. 6) and will return Monday, September 9. If you have any immediate questions please contact John at 270-782-0077, or email him at: jthompson@zebragraphics.com

Thank you!

Angela Eldridge

ZebraGraphics

432 East Main Avenue

Bowling Green, KY 42101

(270) 782-0077

www.zebragraphics.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a iMac G5 ann runing Illustrator CS. When ever I type, the internet pops up?? Not sure why. I restarted, shut down, and unpluggled cords? HELP??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

known issue with wireless keyboard and mouse. drivers issue, no fix available. switch to wired keyboard and mouse. will work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the original wired kybd and mouse (OS X 10.8.5, i5: 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, Ai CC v.17.1.0), and having issue with "Alt-Zoom" using the scroll-wheel.  I takes two or three attempts before AI accepts the instruction to zoom in or out.  Seems to be no problem with any of the other button/mouse combinations, just zoom.

What is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I am using a Wacom tablet and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers with no luck. I tried a plugin that Adobe suggested and that didn't work. I tried turning my tablet off and using a plugged in keyboard and mouse and that didn't work. This is frustrating. It's slowing down my workflow and wasting my time with trying to find solutions. I hope Adobe figures this stuff out - I was frustrated enough with being forced to pay a monthly fee for a product I've been loyal to for almost a decade to begin with. If there are going to be unfixable issues like this, it will make my die-hard loyalty to Adobe start to feel like a bad relationship I can't get out of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us details about your system.

Did you already read the complete thread and tried everything that has been suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything except upgrading as that is out of my hands. We need approval through IS to do this. I am on Mac 10.8.5 running Adobe CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I do not see this issue using Ai CC on the PC (Win 7, 8GB RAM, Xeon @ 3.2 GHz), although the uptake on the first mouse-wheel zoom input can be delayed approximately 0.25 to 0.5 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After struggling with this issue for a long time (months) I finally resorted to extreme measures and simply quit using Apple's MagicMouse. I now use a wireless three-button mouse I found online for $15. Sometimes the simplest answer is the best answer.

I wonder if this is Adobe paying Apple back for that whole Flash thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Mavericks as well as Creative Cloud on my Mac. I'm having an issue with my T for text hotkey in InDesign. Whenever I press it, it selects the type tool and then immediately re-selects whatever tool was used last. It's aggravating and dramatically impacting my workflow. I can't figure out what the issue is, and I can't find any other threads with this issue. Some other notes:

- This behavior isn't occurring when I select other hotkeys.

- This behavior doesn't seem to be file-specific.

- I am using a Wacom tablet in conjunction with the keyboard.

- I'm on a 27-inch, mid 2010 desktop.

- I have restarted my Mac; didn't fix it.

- I use Chrome.

- I typically press the ESC key to exit out of a text frame once done editing; the ESC key isn't working in that way now,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Wacom driver up to date? Are you by any chance touching the pad while trying to access the keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Wacom is up-to-date. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not I'm touching the tablet pad; the same thing keeps happening regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read one of the first posts in this thread, stating that the issue was browser related. Force quitted my Chrome, and it helped! Restarted Chrome, opened the previous tabs from the menu, and I was back. This issue has happened twice this week, but at least, now I know how to resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Photoshop. No other apps open at all. I can use a tool and press a keyboard command to switch tool or zoom or resize my brush etc and nothing happens. To get the keyboard access back, I need to click on some part of the UI (I use the menu bar). The window does not dim or anything to suggest it is losing focus, just the keyboard doesn't seem to work until that click.

It's a fresh install of the latest version of Photoshop 15.1.0 on a fresh install of OSX 10.10. MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013). Using builtin keyboard and trackpad with no accessories connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solve this problem by closing Spotify (since the last update the problem started)

To me the problem was spotify.

Hope this work for others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows users: try to press Alt+Shift+Ctrl (Keyboard Shortcuts Menu) and save shortcut preferences using any name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Keyboard shortcuts work intermittently. This is not just an illustrator problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a bug. If your shortcuts aren't working, you have a bug. I just talked with apple (depending on if you have a mac or not, which i do) they led me through all of these steps to de-bug. My shortcuts work fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having problems with inDesign when using Shift commands and think it may be related to these Illustrator problems. Could you give a short explanation of what apple walked you through? (unless its overly complicated of course)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this answer on a different forum, which I can't find now. And it worked. It's a problem with WebRoot SecureAnywhere. You need to check "Pause Secure Keyboard Entry." I found it in the dropdown menu, the little w in a green circle, that's always in the upper right corner of my mac. I haven't had any problems since. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem it seem that there is n issue in having Chrome open as the same time  they come back if you turn of chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading this forum, I tried quitting my applications one at a time and going back to InDesign each time to see if the shortcuts worked again. When I closed Safari and then back into InDesign, THEY WORKED! Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines