Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts not working when using Wacom

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue

Since updating my my MacBook, pretty much all the key bindings I use have stopped working while using my Wacom.

For example I can't use Shift to resize proportionally any more. Alt+click and drag to make a duplicate does not work anymore either.
It works when I use the touchpad on my Macbook but not when I am using my Wacom.

I know that I had this issue a couple of years ago as well and it was fixed by reversing my driver version of Wacom.

Is there any other solution than that?

My setup with drivers and versions.

Mac OSX (Mojave 10.14.5),
Adobe Illustrator CC(23.0.4)
Wacom Intuous Pro (6.3.34-2)

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

This is what I got from when I called Wacom Tech Support, hope it helps:

Thank you for contacting Wacom Customer Support. I am sorry that you are having this inconvenience with your tablet. I will be happy to help you. Like we talked, this could be due to some driver or preference file that is outdated or corrupt and it needs to be removed. Please follow the steps outlined below in order to completely remove the current driver and install the latest recommended driver:

First, disconnect the tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was resolved by downgrading to Wacom driver 6.3.18-4

Make sure to completely uninstall and remove the Wacom drive before installing the older version. Follow the uninstall instructions posted by @freshnsteezy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: it works! 
BUT: be careful: once everything is done, DO NOT UPDATE the driver further. That's the trick whole trick:)
Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines