Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following has been a persistent and very frustrating issue:

When I go to use any of the keyboard shortcuts involving Ctrl (ex: Ctrl + 2 (lock) Ctrl +Z (undo), etc.) instead of functioning like it should, the second I touch the ctrl key it turns into the direct selection tool and my shortcut doesn't work.  As you can imagine, this gets very frustrating and interruptive to my work flow.  I've tried restarting my computer, resetting my preferences, and re-installing illustrator fully, and nothing seems to fix the issue.  It also doesn't always happen; sometimes it will work normally and then other times it just switches.  This has been happening now for about 4 months, and was not corrected when I switched to the 2020 version.  Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This really is an unusual behavior. I see you have performed all the basic troubleshooting yourself. Have you checked for any other app/web-extension installed on your machine which could be interfering with the Adobe shortcuts?
You may also try restarting your computer in safe mode and see if your shortcuts work fine there. Follow instructions on https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode to do that.

If nothing helps, I'd recommend contacting Adobe live support on https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html , click on chat icon at bottom right to begin the conversation. They'll be able to perform remote troubleshooting on the machine and will be able to help you out accordingly.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines