• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LAB decimal values

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I posted a lot on the subject and didn't get any answer from Adobe.

Currently, Illustrator only supports integer values for LAB. It'd be amazing if there will be support for decimal values for LAB swatches.

See the feature request here.

See other relevant post here that was unanswered here.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

check the scripting thread you're referring to, I just answered with a link to another discussion on the LAB values topic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that your feature request doesn't have a lot of support. Maybe if you could explain why this is important and how everyone could benefit from this, then more people would support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check the scripting thread you're referring to, I just answered with a link to another discussion on the LAB values topic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same question as OP

I need to assign LAB values to swatches within Illustrator, which rely on two decimal values for exact brand specificity.

Currently - Illustrator is rounding these LAB values to the nearest whole number which won't allow for 100% consistency between art output from InDesign and Illustrator. 

How can Illustrator be adjusted to allow for decimal values in LAB assignment, through the swatch panel interface? 

The scripting response/links - for my question (and how I'm understanding OP's question) are unrelated. No need here to pull LAB values - I need to assign LAB values, to two decimal places. 

InDesign currently allows for this (two decimal values in LAB assignments) - I need Illustrator to allow for this so workflow and swatches between the two apps - but especially between print vendor & brand expectations can be 100% consistent with each other. 

TIA 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines