• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers Disappearing After Exporting to PDF

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title suggests, whenever I try and save a PDF from Illustrator, some of my layers disappear in the actual PDF. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Illustrator and what OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate, and the version of Illustrator I'm using is CC 2017.1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

double click the layer that is disappearing and check it has the 'print' checkbox ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layer options are so concealed which is why I always forget this is even an option..but it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all of the Layers main layers or are some sub-layers. Only main layers will be saved in a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry, they are all main layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure print layers is set to "All Layers" then choose done and save you file to lock that in. Though titled print layers should actually be print and pdf layers.

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 5.46.45 PM.png
you check this option when make sure this is checekd when creating the pdf.

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 5.44.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Mike, I should have clarified that I'm not actually printing the PDF. It is only being sent digitally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot showing before (ai)and after (pdf) so we se what you are missing Migth not be layers then but white objects with overprint preview or similar..

Turn on overprint preview on in acrobat preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The print layers setting also applies to when you save to PDF, make sure all layers is checked and try again.

The name of that setting is incorrect, would be better if "Print Layers" was simply called "Layers"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines