• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Panel contents invisible but clickable

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Library Panel in Illustrator, Photoshop and AE is broken and doesn't render its contents, which remain invisible, but yet clickable. This is annoying and any number of updates or reinstalls does not help.

Appeared first on MaxOS Catalina and currently on a freshly installed Monterey.

The Problem:

The Library Panel appears empty, but in fact, it is not. The contents of it are just not rendered properly. I know, because going with the mouse over the "empty" contents shows mouse-over effect where a button is to be expected. The problem is seen in many adobe Apps, so it seems to be a global CC issue.

Machine:

Macbook Pro 2019 model.

Currently with an updated MacOS Monterey, but the issue appeared first on Calatina, so it is unlikely to be an OS problem.

No plugins or such.

Tried:

- reinstalling CC Libraries

- updating and reinstalling Illustrator

- fresh MacOS Install (means wiping the entire storage)

Theories:

- possible CC connection issue / port?

- GPU Driver level problem, but in that case, there should have been way more people like me

I couldn't get direct support from Adobe, so I hope the community hivemind can help 🙂 

image.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Catalina & Monterey have the problematic dark mode.

Check to make sure  dark mode is disabled  in System preferences >> general

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not using Dark mode in MacOS.

Update:

I managed to fix this temporarily yesterday after reinstalling CC Libraries for the second time and rebooting.

Today, it is broken again and you can't see the panel contents as if Illustrator cannot render the UI elements inside.

The other panels render normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do any of the library items have names with special characters? Colons and slashes can be problematic. Does this happen to all libraries, try making a new one to test.

Have you tried pulling the library window out of the other tab group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sticking with my issue here. I understand it is not a common one, and I am not giving you a lot to work with. I spend tons of time trying to figure it out myself, but I couldn't do it without having knowledge how the software behaves and renders UI elements. It makes no sense to me why it wouldn't work on my fresh install , but works with other colleagues.

01. Special characters:

It does contain the German ÖÜÄ... % and _ characters. These shouldn't be a problem, as my colleagues have no problem opening the library on their machines. It also opens in Adobe XD. The problem are all other Adobe Applications that use the standard Panel Interface. For me this a problem because I need it to work in Illustrator, optimize and relink missing elements, which I can't do without seeing anything. 

02. I can't test with a new library, because I don't see any interface and can't blindly navigate to the new library. Special characters in the file namings should not influence if the default panel UI is loaded or not?

03. The times I made it work (reinstalls, reboots), it had no problems displaying the UI or the content inside. It is just not consistent, and this is creating a huge amount of frustration in a professional enviroment where timings matter.

04. Pulling the Library out of the panel group and reopening it changes nothing.

----

A few questions from my side:

01. Could an antivirus or a firewall be a problem? What ports does the panel use in order to load online contents?

02. I also have the application in English, could this change how it handles German special letters like the öüä? I haven't found an easy way to change language in Illustrator, maybe there's a reason for that - meaning they are different apps and not a mere translation?

Cheers,

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nikolay5EB4,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to try the following steps and share your observation with us:

• You may kill the CCLibrary process in Activity Monitor. It will ask you to end the process, once it is done, the process will restart automatically, and the Libraries may re-appear in the app.
  • Close any open Adobe apps:
    Open the Creative Cloud desktop app.
    Use the following keyboard shortcuts:
    Cmd + Opt + R, This relaunches Creative Cloud and all its supporting processes, including the Creative Cloud Libraries & relaunch the Creative Cloud app.
  • Log out from Illustrator from the Help menu and then the Creative Cloud Desktop application, reboot the Mac, and then log in again to check if that makes any difference?
    Please ensure you have an updated version of the CCDA and the correct Adobe email ID.
    Sometimes, I have seen people log in with a personal account instead of a business account where their files and library assets are stored or vice-versa.
  • Also, please check if your libraries are showing up at https://assets.adobe.com/libraries or not.

If this doesn't help, you may try the following steps:

• Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • Rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    MAC: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Anshul_Saini_0-1651184284408.png

Answer to your queries:

1. There is a possibility that antivirus or a firewall is interfering with the CC services.

2. It is very unlikely to be an issue with different languages in Illustrator.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul Saini,

I've tried the steps you suggested. They don't work.

Let me clarify, I am logging into my existing business account. The library is accessible both in the browser and in the CC App. What in Illustrator and Photoshop happens is, the Library Panel apparently loads the library, but fails to render the contents or the UI for that matter. See my original image at the top - the library panel looks completeky empty, but if I go with the mouse over, it displays mouse-over and I can click and move stuff, without seeing what exactly. This is a render problem happening specifically in the nested panels as they are the same in most old adobe programs.

Update:
What I found out. if I restart my computer and open immedeately after that Photoshop, it manages to display the Library and from this point on, I can open Illustrator and it also could display the Library correctly. But, if I wait a few minutes after restart, the bug appears again and I can't do anything. None of my colleagues have this problem and we have the same apps installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Nikolay5EB4,

Sorry for the delayed response. I checked with the team, and they suggested trying running the app in Safe mode or another user account after a few minutes and checking if you are seeing the same behavior there or not.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Running Macbook Pro M1 2021. Tried all suggested fixes to no avail. I did find a perfect solution, however: just ordered a new external SSD. Goodbye Creative Cloud, and good riddance. What a complete waste of time. I don't share files so I never really needed it in the first place. Silly me, I just assumed I'd be able to access my files. This is a pretty big glitch, Adobe. If you can't access your files from the Import dialog, what's the point, really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jimw82700967,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the experience we want you to have. In addition to the steps suggested above, I would request you to re-install the Illustrator & Creative cloud app using the CC Cleaner tool and Creative Cloud uninstaller app, respectively. Let us know how it goes.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines