• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

live paint bucket tool

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi am trying to color my project with the paint bucket tool but does not let me, it says "the selection contains objects that cannot be converted, if someone can help me soon as possible please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Open your Layers panel, find the offending object, and either delete it or deselect it. In my case it is a Clip Group that is giving the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your Layers panel, find the offending object, and either delete it or deselect it. In my case it is a Clip Group that is giving the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah but how do i turn it into a live paint group

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never mind, i found out what you says thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way is select the objects, then Object Menu > Live Paint > Make

You can also click your selection with the Live Paint Bucket tool "K". You will use this tool to color the regions with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I miss the old paint bucket tool I dont like the live bucket.  Does anyone know the last version that had the regular paint bucket?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pre-CS, so before 2003.

The paint bucket in early versions seems to have been a supplement to the eyedropper tool (i.e. the eyedropper samples attributes, the paint bucket applies them). It wasn't comparable to a fill tool like the post-CS2 live paint bucket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines