Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logo has black in the middle when exported and saved as svg

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am stumped! When I tried to export and save it as an SVG file of a simple logo for class in illustrator, it looks great. When I import it to other programs, though, it fills in black in areas that it does not show in illustrator. Can someone please tell me what I can do to fix this issue? I am trying to put it in my 3d software, but it doesn't import correctly in any program I have tried. I know the 3d one needs to be adjusted, so I imported it again quickly to take a screenshot to share. The illustrator file is the correct one. Thank you for the help and tips. I always appreciate this group!

Screenshot (29).pngScreenshot (30).png

TOPICS
Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try making the logo a compound path and see if that corrects the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as 3D software goes it seems to import correctly. Most 3D apps will not automatically handle holes and compound paths and require to adjust the order of the paths and to use their equivalent spline merge tools. Anyway, impossible to make sense of your stuff. Cropped screenshots are pretty much useless and you have not provided any infdo about the layer structure or for that matter whatever the object manager in your 3D program shows.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the uncropped version. I have also tried Maya and 3d Max. The ai file is already a compound path and grouped. It loads as a png just fine, but I don't have the same tools available when I do that. I need to put my logo on a platform and extrude it. The instructions are to turn my logo into an SVG, upload it to the 3d software, convert to mesh then extrude it before placing it on an item or showpiece. I am still new to all of the programs and learning daily, but I am stuck. I thought cropped shots would be best to show what is going on. I attached the screenshots with layers in this post. Thank you for your help

Screenshot (31).pngScreenshot (32).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like there are paths where there shouldn't be any.

Please show the outline view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (33).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And this is how you want it?

What's important when exchanging artwork with other applications is the fill rule.

You could try if it works better when you use "Non-zero". Then you might need to adjust the path direction of some paths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tD94OMg1JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines